IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Symptoms: of Being Wanted, of Anxiety, of a Has Been, of Duck Catching, between 1822 and 1827
Symptoms: of Being Wanted, of Anxiety, of a Has Been, of Duck Catching
- Part Of:
- between 1822 and 1827
- Graphite and red chalk on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 × 8 3/4 inches (18.4 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center left: "of being wanted"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "o anxiety"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "of a has been"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "of Duck catching"
Whatman: "J Whatman | 1809"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | chairs | gambling | genre subject | horse (animal) | men | rowboat | rowing | table
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.