- Symptoms: of Tragedy, of Comedy, of What Do You Say, of Can't You Hear, of the Ornamental, of the Old Story,
- between 1822 and 1827
- Graphite and red chalk on thin, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 8 7/8 inches (18.1 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "What do you | say"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "of the old story"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- crowd | genre subject | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | men | people | portraits | soldier | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Symptoms: of Tragedy, of Comedy, of What Do You Say, of Can't You Hear, of the Ornamental, of the Old Story,, between 1822 and 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.