- Symptoms: of The Manager's Judgement, of Being on Board a Packet, of Having Enough to Live Upon, of the Laddle Mis-Placed.
- between 1822 and 1827
- Graphite and red chalk on thin, smooth, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 8 15/16 inches (18.1 × 22.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso: upper left: "of the Manager's judgement"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "Symptoms of feeling queer"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "of being on board a Packet"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "of having enough to live on"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "of the ladder not being in the right place"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bench | chair | genre subject | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | men | sickness | table | travel | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Symptoms: of The Manager's Judgement, of Being on Board a Packet, of Having Enough to Live Upon, of the Laddle Mis-Placed, between 1822 and 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.