Symptoms: of Sporting Friends Likely-to Go Together, of a Double Entendre, of Sporting Friends Likely-to Seperate, of Sure to HIt the Mark.
- Part Of:
- between 1822 and 1827
- Graphite, and red chalk on thin, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/16 × 8 15/16 inches (17.9 × 22.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "63" inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "of Sporting friend likely to seperate"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right, "of sure to hit the mark"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dog (animal) | friends | hares | hunters | hunting guns | men | shotguns | sporting art | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Symptoms: of Sporting Friends Likely-to Go Together, of a Double Entendre, of Sporting Friends Likely-to Seperate, of Sure to HIt the Mark, between 1822 and 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.