- Part Of:
- between 1822 and 1823
- Graphite and watercolor on thin, smooth, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/16 × 9 1/2 inches (18.3 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, upper center: "not much to the delight of his opponent [Downey?]"; inscribed in graphite, upper center: "high [park?] to wit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | men | morning | sporting art | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Morning Ride, between 1822 and 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.