"The King and Noblemen Before the Stag is Turn'd Out"
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and gray ink on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- 4 1/4 × 13 1/2 inches (10.8 × 34.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen with black ink, lower center: "THE KING and NOBLEMEN before the STAG is turn'd out."
Watermark: "JWhatman" (initials in monogram) (Heawood 3459)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hunt | hunters | hunting | king (person) | men | noblemen | people | sporting art | stag | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Dighton, 1752–1814, British, "The King and Noblemen Before the Stag is Turn'd Out", undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.