- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 10 11/16 x 6 3/4 inches (27.1 x 17.2 cm) and Image: 9 13/16 x 6 3/4 inches (25 x 17.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "88"
Lettered, lower left: "James Barry pinx.t"; lower center:"S.t Sebastian"; lower right: "A.M. fct"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrows | bleeding | Christian | drapery | dying | gaze | hill | house | martyr | religious and mythological subject | saint | St. Sebastian, tied to a tree or a pillar, is pierced by arrows | tied | tree | woods | wound
- Associated People:
- Saint Sebastian (d. ca. 288), Christian saint and martyr
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Theresa Fairbanks-Harris, Looking at Paper: A Conservator's Treatment Approach Informed by Historical Papermaking Processes, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland, p. 74, fig. 11, V 2849 (YCBA)