Possibly Samuel Howitt, 1756–1822, British, The Departure of a Post-Chaise From the (?) Red Lion Inn, Bagshot, undated
The Departure of a Post-Chaise From the (?) Red Lion Inn, Bagshot
- Watercolor, with pen, in gray ink on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on, thick, slightly textured, beige, wove, cardboard paper
- 6 3/16 × 8 5/16 inches (15.7 × 21.1 cm) and 6 × 8 3/16 inches (15.2 × 20.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "A21966"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- carriage | dog (animal) | fence | genre subject | horses (animals) | inn | men | post-chaises | trees | women
- Associated Places:
- Bagshot | England | Europe | Surrey | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.