- Coursing: Setting Out
- Watercolor, with pen, in black ink, gray ink, and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 9 3/16 inches (17.5 × 23.3 cm)
Signed in pen with brown ink, lower right: "Howitt 1794"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Howitt, 1756–1822, British, Coursing: Setting Out, 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.