A Lioness Attacking the Off-Leader of the Exeter Mail Coach Outside the Pheasant Inn, Winterslow, on the Night of 20 October 1816
- Pen, in gray ink and gray wash on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- 3 7/8 × 6 1/8 inches (9.8 × 15.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "D3389"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "511"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- attacking | coach | genre subject | horses (animals) | inn | lioness | mailing | men | post chaise | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Wiltshire
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Julius Caesar Ibbetson, 1759–1817, British, A Lioness Attacking the Off-Leader of the Exeter Mail Coach Outside the Pheasant Inn, Winterslow, on the Night of 20 October 1816, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.