Sportsman and Two Dogs
- Pen in brown ink on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 4 3/8 × 5 3/4 inches (11.1 × 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "L & G" | [Mrs Moses Reims pious?] 1802- [illegible due to matting obstruction] | c.1825-30 | L[?]D"
Paul Mellon, collector's stamp, verso, center
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hat | hounds (dogs) | hunter | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Edwin Henry Landseer, 1802–1873, British, Sportsman and Two Dogs, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.