Studies of Horses, Men and Carriages
- Pen, in brown ink on medium, moderately textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 5 1/8 inches (23.2 × 13 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "v[O or B?]705 (R)"
Signed and dated, in pen, with brown ink, lower left: "J Linnell 1811"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | carriages | figure study | genre subject | gesturing | grooms | horses (animals) | men | sketches
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Linnell, 1792–1882, British, Studies of Horses, Men and Carriages, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.