Evading the Toll
- between 1805 and 1810
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gray ink, brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/8 x 9 1/8 inches (16.2 x 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper right: "TOLL GATE-"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in pen with gray ink, over graphite, lower left: "T. Rowlandson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dog (animal) | fence | gate | genre subject | hats | horses (animals) | men | riding crop | tree | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Evading the Toll, between 1805 and 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.