A Carriage and Pair, with Coachman
- Gray wash, brown wash, white gouache and graphite on thin, slightly textured, beige, laid paper; mounted on, medium, slightly textured, beige, laid paper
- Mount: 4 1/16 × 4 15/16 inches (10.3 × 12.5 cm) and Sheet: 3 9/16 × 4 3/8 inches (9 × 11.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, verso, center left: "London . 1774."
Dated in pen with brown ink, verso, center left: "1774"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | carriage | children | figure study | horses (animals) | horses (animals) | man | pair | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Paul Sandby RA, 1731–1809, British, A Carriage and Pair, with Coachman, 1774
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.