- Studies of a Jockey Whipping-On
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Mount: 9 5/16 × 6 1/2 inches (23.7 × 16.5 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 7 1/8 × 5 inches (18.1 × 12.7 cm), and Sheet: 6 1/2 × 4 3/8 inches (16.5 × 11.1 cm)
Collector's mark, upper left: "TEL"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | horse (animal) | horse racing | jockey | man | sporting art | whip
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Studies of a Jockey Whipping-On, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.