James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Rider on a Horse, Rearing to Left, undated
Rider on a Horse, Rearing to Left
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: similar sketch
- Pen, in brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- 9 3/4 × 9 3/8 inches (24.8 × 23.8 cm), 7 3/16 × 6 15/16 inches (18.3 × 17.6 cm), and 6 5/8 × 6 5/16 inches (16.8 × 16 cm)
Collector's mark, lower right: "TEL"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | man | rearing (horse) | whip
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.