James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Rider on a Horse, Rearing to Left, undated
Rider on a Horse, Rearing to Left
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: similar sketch
- Pen, in brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Mount: 9 3/4 × 9 3/8 inches (24.8 × 23.8 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 7 3/16 × 6 15/16 inches (18.3 × 17.6 cm), and Sheet: 6 5/8 × 6 5/16 inches (16.8 × 16 cm)
Collector's mark, lower right: "TEL"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject | horseback riders | horseback riding | man | whip
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.