'True Blue Beat by Whitefoot': Galloping to Left, with Jockey Up Whipping-On
- Pen, in brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Mount: 9 × 11 3/4 inches (22.9 × 29.8 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 6 11/16 × 9 3/8 inches (17 × 23.8 cm), and Sheet: 6 x 8 5/8in. (15.2 x 21.9cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower left: "True Blue-beeat by Whitefoot | Rider black Cap, blue wastcoat, Leather Breeches | Saddle Cloath blue trim'd white"
Collector's mark, lower right: "TEL"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | galloping | horse (animal) | horse racing | jockey | man | race (event) | sporting art | whip
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, 'True Blue Beat by Whitefoot': Galloping to Left, with Jockey Up Whipping-On, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.