IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, 'True Blue Beat by Whitefoot': Galloping to Left, with Jockey Up Whipping-On, undated
'True Blue Beat by Whitefoot': Galloping to Left, with Jockey Up Whipping-On
- Pen and brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Mount: 9 × 11 3/4 inches (22.9 × 29.8 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 6 11/16 × 9 3/8 inches (17 × 23.8 cm), Sheet: 6 x 8 5/8in. (15.2 x 21.9cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower left: "True Blue-beeat by Whitefoot | Rider black Cap, blue wastcoat, Leather Breeches | Saddle Cloath blue trim'd white"
Collector's mark: Thomas Esmond Lowinsky (Lugt 2420a)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | galloping | horse (animal) | horse racing | jockey | man | race (event) | sporting art | whip
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.