Conqueror Going to Start
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: slight pencil sketch of the horse's head
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 8 15/16 inches (18.1 × 22.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Conquerour going to Start"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "27"
Watermark: "L V GERREVINK"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | horse (animal) | horse racing | jockey | man | race (event) | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Conqueror Going to Start, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.