Conqueror Going to Start
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: slight pencil sketch of the horse's head
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 8 15/16 inches (18.1 × 22.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Conquerour going to Start"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "27"
Watermark: "L V GERREVINK"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | horse (animal) | horse racing | jockey | man | race (event) | sporting art
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Conqueror Going to Start, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.