The Duke of Somerset on Horseback
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 5 5/16 × 6 1/2 inches (13.5 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower right: "Duke of Somerset"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Duke of Somerset"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | man
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Peter Tillemans, 1684–1734, Flemish, active in Britain (from 1708), The Duke of Somerset on Horseback, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.