IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Barenger, 1780–after 1831, British, The Saddling Enclosure, Epsom, undated
The Saddling Enclosure, Epsom
- Pen and brown ink, gray wash, and brown wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/8 × 12 11/16 inches (25.7 × 32.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Saddling Enclosure Epsom"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- crowd | horse racing | horses (animals) | men | saddles | sporting art
- Associated Places:
- England | Epsom | Europe | Surrey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.