Dosing a Racehorse
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gray ink, graphite, gray wash and gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on, medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Mount: 12 1/8 × 12 15/16 inches (30.8 × 32.9 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 11 × 11 9/16 inches (27.9 × 29.4 cm), and Sheet: 10 × 10 7/16 inches (25.4 × 26.5 cm)
Insccribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "L-P BOITARD"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "D"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- horses (animals) | jockeys | landscape | men | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Louis Philippe Boitard, active 1734–1760, Dosing a Racehorse, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.