Louis Philippe Boitard, active 1734–1760, Dosing a Racehorse, undated
Dosing a Racehorse
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gray ink, graphite, gray wash and gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on, medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- 12 1/8 × 12 15/16 inches (30.8 × 32.9 cm), 11 × 11 9/16 inches (27.9 × 29.4 cm), and 10 × 10 7/16 inches (25.4 × 26.5 cm)
Insccribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "L-P BOITARD"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "D"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fields | horse racing | horses (animals) | jockeys | landscape | men | sporting art | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.