"Stout Party. 'I Don't Much Like These 'ere Thoroughbreads - They've no Substance' "
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite, watercolor, and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Contemporary drawn border: 11 3/16 × 15 9/16 inches (28.4 × 39.5 cm), Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 5/8 inches (26 × 37.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "[stout?] Party |- I don't much like these'ere thoroughbreads - They've no Substance."
Signed in graphite, lower right: "PHiZ."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | field | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | landscape | men | sporting art | Thoroughbred (breed) | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hablot Knight Browne, 1815–1882, British, "Stout Party. 'I Don't Much Like These 'ere Thoroughbreads - They've no Substance' ", undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.