Hablot Knight Browne, 1815–1882, British, "You're Not Going to Follow, Belle, Are You?", undated
"You're Not Going to Follow, Belle, Are You?"
- Graphite, watercolor and white gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, gray, wove paper
- Mount: 16 × 21 15/16 inches (40.6 × 55.7 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 11 1/2 × 15 13/16 inches (29.2 × 40.2 cm), and Sheet: 10 9/16 × 14 7/8 inches (26.8 × 37.8 cm)
Signed in graphite, lower left: "Phiz."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | child | fence | fields | hills | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | path | road | sporting art | trees | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.