"The Gallop with Left Leg:"Engraved as Plate 15 in "Twenty Five Actions of the Manage Horse..."
- Pen, in brown ink on medium, moderately textured, brown, laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 5 15/16 inches (16.8 × 15.1 cm)
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | figure study | genre subject | horseback riders | horseback riding | man
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Vanderbank, 1694–1739, British, "The Gallop with Left Leg:"Engraved as Plate 15 in "Twenty Five Actions of the Manage Horse...", 1729
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.