The Sporting Parson: "A Find- and Our Parson Just Follows a Little, to See How His Dear Brethren Behave Themselves"
- Black chalk, watercolor, and white gouavhe on moderately thick, slightly textured, gray-brown, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 11/16 × 14 3/4 inches (27.1 × 37.5 cm)
Inscribed in black chalk, lower left: "2"; inscribed in black chalk, verso, upper left: "2"; inscribed in black chalk, verso, upper center: "A find - and our Parson just follows a little | to see how his dear Bretheren behave themselves"
Signed, in graphite, lower right: "Phiz."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | dogs (animals) | field | fox (animal) | fox hunting | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | parson | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Hablot Knight Browne, 1815–1882, British, The Sporting Parson: "A Find- and Our Parson Just Follows a Little, to See How His Dear Brethren Behave Themselves", undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.