The Sporting Parson: "He Trieth a Little 'High Church' Style"
- Black chalk, watercolor and gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, gray, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 11/16 × 14 13/16 inches (27.1 × 37.6 cm)
Inscribed in black chalk, lower left: "5 | HIgh Church"; inscribed in black chalk, verso, upper left: "5 He tries a little HIgh Church style."
Signed in black chalk, lower right: "PHiZ."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | dogs (animals) | fence | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | landscape | men | parson | sporting art
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Robert Colls, This sporting life : sport and liberty in England, 1760-1960, Oxford University Press, Oxford, U.K., 2020, p. 372, GV706.35 .C65 2020 (LC) YCBA