IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Hablot Knight Browne, 1815–1882, British, The Sporting Parson: "He Trieth a Little 'High Church' Style", undated
The Sporting Parson: "He Trieth a Little 'High Church' Style"
- Black chalk, watercolor and gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 10 11/16 × 14 13/16 inches (27.1 × 37.6 cm)
Inscribed in black chalk, lower left: "5 | HIgh Church"; inscribed in black chalk, verso, upper left: "5 He tries a little HIgh Church style."
Signed in black chalk, lower right: "PHiZ."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | dogs (animals) | fence | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | landscape | men | parson | sporting art
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Robert Colls, This sporting life : sport and liberty in England, 1760-1960, Oxford University Press, Oxford, U.K., 2020, p. 372, GV706.35 .C65 2020 (LC) YCBA [ORBIS]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.