- The Sporting Parson: "Next a Little Low Church"
- Black chalk, watercolor and gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, gray, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 14 7/8 inches (27 × 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in black chalk, lower left: "6"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Low Church"; inscribed in black chalk, verso, upper left: "6 Next a Little Low Church"
Signed in black chalk, lower right: "PHiZ."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | caricature | dog (animal) | falling | fence | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hound (dog) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | men | parson | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Hablot Knight Browne, 1815–1882, British, The Sporting Parson: "Next a Little Low Church", undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.