The Sporting Parson: "Next a Little Low Church"
- Black chalk, watercolor and gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, gray, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 14 7/8 inches (27 × 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in black chalk, lower left: "6"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Low Church"; inscribed in black chalk, verso, upper left: "6 Next a Little Low Church"
Signed in black chalk, lower right: "PHiZ."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | caricature | dog (animal) | falling | fence | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hound (dog) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | men | parson | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Robert Colls, This sporting life : sport and liberty in England, 1760-1960, Oxford University Press, Oxford, U.K., 2020, p. 372, GV706.35 .C65 2020 (LC) YCBA