The Sporting Parson: "He Then Goes in For Baptism"
- Materials & Techniques:
- Black chalk, watercolor and gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 10 11/16 × 14 11/16 inches (27.1 × 37.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "7"; in graphite, lower left: "Baptism."; inscribed on verso in black chalk, upper left: "7 He then goes in for the Baptism."
Signed in black chalk, lower right: "PHIZ."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | falling | fields | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | parson | sporting art | trees | water
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hablot Knight Browne, 1815–1882, British, The Sporting Parson: "He Then Goes in For Baptism", undated