IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Delivering a Calf, undated
Delivering a Calf
- Graphite and black chalk on medium, smooth, cream wove paper; mounted on, medium, moderately textured, laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 x 7 3/4 inches (13.3 x 19.7 cm)
Collector's mark: Thomas Esmond Lowinsky (Lugt 2420a)
Signed in pen with brown ink, lower left: "J. W"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | calf (animal) | cow | genre subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.