A Hog, Sleeping
- ca. 1807
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 x 8 7/8 inches (13.3 x 22.5 cm)
Watermark: "Whatman | 1807"; collector's mark: Thomas Esmond Lowinsky (Lugt 2420a)
Signed in graphite, lower right: "JWD. RA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | pig | sleeping
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.