The Sporting Parson: "D-n -- I Mean Conf-d That is 'Bless the Pigs! They're Mad - The Devil's in 'em' "
- Black chalk, watercolor and gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, gray, wove paper
- 10 11/16 × 14 7/8 inches (27.1 × 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in black chalk, lower left: "8"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "(D--) C.-) Bless the PIgs they're Mad -- the Devils in em."; inscribed in black chalk, verso, upper left: "8 | Bless the the Pigs!! They're mad the Devil's in em."
Signed in black chalk, lower right: "PHIZ."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | cows | farm | fields | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | house | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | landscape | men | parson | pigs | sporting art | trees | whip
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hablot Knight Browne, 1815–1882, British, The Sporting Parson: "D-n -- I Mean Conf-d That is 'Bless the Pigs! They're Mad - The Devil's in 'em' ", undated