Sir David Wilkie, 1785–1841, British, Two Riders Seen from Behind, Oct. 10, 1822, 1822
Two Riders Seen from Behind, Oct. 10, 1822
- Pen, in brown ink, brown wash, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 11/16 × 7 7/8 inches (24.6 × 20 cm)
signed and dated in pen with brown ink, lower left: "D Wilkie 10th Octb. 1822"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | dress | equestrians | genre subject | hats | horses (animals) | man | riders, horseback | riding habits | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.