The Sporting Parson: "He Sends Mother Eve's Apples Flying"
- Black chalk, watercolor, and gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, brown, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 14 13/16 inches (27.3 × 37.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "9"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "9 | He Sends Mother Eve's apples flying -"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Phiz."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apples | basket | buildings | caricature | dogs (animals) | donkey | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | men | parson | people | sporting art | town | trees | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Hablot Knight Browne, 1815–1882, British, The Sporting Parson: "He Sends Mother Eve's Apples Flying", undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.