The Sporting Parson: "He Sends Mother Eve's Apples Flying"
- Materials & Techniques:
- Black chalk, watercolor, and gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 14 13/16 inches (27.3 × 37.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "9"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "9 | He Sends Mother Eve's apples flying -"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Phiz."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apples | basket | buildings | caricature | dogs (animals) | donkey | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | men | parson | people | sporting art | town | trees | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hablot Knight Browne, 1815–1882, British, The Sporting Parson: "He Sends Mother Eve's Apples Flying", undated