Full Cry. 1821: Riders Taking a Wooden Fence
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 9/16 × 11 1/8 inches (21.7 × 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "Geogre Alken | 1821"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "HRM 17-6"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | fences | field | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | landscape | men | sporting art | tree
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Alken, 1794–active 1837, British, Full Cry. 1821: Riders Taking a Wooden Fence, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.