Releasing a Bag-Fox
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 × 11 1/8 inches (21.6 × 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "G. Alken | 1821"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "HRM. 17-6."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bag | dogs (animals) | field | fox (animal) | fox hunting | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | men | sporting art | tree
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Alken, 1794–active 1837, British, Releasing a Bag-Fox, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.