Releasing a Bag-Fox
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 × 11 1/8 inches (21.6 × 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "G. Alken | 1821"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "HRM. 17-6."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bag | dogs (animals) | field | fox (animal) | fox hunting | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | men | sporting art | tree
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Alken, 1794–active 1837, British, Releasing a Bag-Fox, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.