- Two Riders and a Couple of Hounds Clearing a Wall
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 13 3/16 inches (23.2 × 33.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "64/9/12/3"
Watermark: James Whatman | Turkey Mill | 1845
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | jumping | men | sporting art | wall
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Two Riders and a Couple of Hounds Clearing a Wall, 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.