- A Whipper-In and a Couple of Hounds Running Hard in Open Country
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 12 13/16 inches (23.2 × 32.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "64/9/12/4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | fence | field | galloping | hat | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | hounds (dogs) | landscape | man | running | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, A Whipper-In and a Couple of Hounds Running Hard in Open Country, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.