Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Two Riders Taking a Double Fence, undated
Two Riders Taking a Double Fence
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 10 11/16 inches (21 × 27.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left:"m/o | 464"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fences | field | galloping | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | jumping | men | sporting art
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.