"Sporting Anecdotes:" Sketch for 'The Sporting Butcher'
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 × 13 1/16 inches (21.6 × 33.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, in image, center right: "C Dobson | Butcher's | Sportsman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- butchers | dogs (animals) | driver | driving | fence | forest | hares | horse (animal) | hounds (dogs) | hunters | hunting | men | shotguns | sporting art | trees | wagon | whip
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Sporting Anecdotes:" Sketch for 'The Sporting Butcher', undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.