"Sporting Anecodotes:" Drawing for the Soft-Gound Etching of 'The Sporting Butcher'
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, smooth, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/16 × 12 7/16 inches (21.1 × 31.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, left center: "'[illegible | illegible | illegible]"]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | butchers | dogs (animals) | driver | driving | fence | hares | horse (animal) | hounds (dogs) | men | sporting art | trees | wagon | whip
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Sporting Anecodotes:" Drawing for the Soft-Gound Etching of 'The Sporting Butcher', undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.