Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, A Groom Leading a Bay Horse, undated
A Groom Leading a Bay Horse
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, moderately textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 15/16 × 13 5/16 inches (25.2 × 33.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRH. 10 - 4A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- groom (caretaker of horses) | horse (animal) | landscape | man | sporting art | trees | whip
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.