Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, A Groom Leading a Bay Horse, undated
A Groom Leading a Bay Horse
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, moderately textured, blued white, wove paper
- 9 15/16 × 13 5/16 inches (25.2 × 33.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRH. 10 - 4A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- groom (caretaker of horses) | horse (animal) | landscape | man | sporting art | trees | whip
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.