Rider on a Brown Horse Going at a Wall
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 15/16 × 12 3/4 inches (22.7 × 32.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRH 10-11"
Collector's mark, verso, lower left: "??????? | M-?3-?C-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | field | galloping | gate | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | landscape | men | sporting art | trees | wall
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Rider on a Brown Horse Going at a Wall, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.