Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, The Huntsman and a Rider Encouraging the Hounds, undated
The Huntsman and a Rider Encouraging the Hounds
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/16 × 14 7/16 inches (26.5 × 36.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRM. 10 - 12."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | hills | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | log | men | mountain | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.