'Getting Across the Country Like a Gentleman'
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 × 13 3/8 inches (23.5 × 34 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Getting across. The Country like a Gentleman"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRH. 10 - 13A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | dogs (animals) | fence | field | galloping | gate | gentleman | hats | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | sporting art | whip
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, 'Getting Across the Country Like a Gentleman', undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.