The Death: Yokels Watching in Foreground
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- 9 1/8 × 13 1/8 inches (23.2 × 33.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "10 | 14"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRM. 10 - 14."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- death | dogs (animals) | fields | fox (animal) | fox hunting | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | sporting art | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, The Death: Yokels Watching in Foreground, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.