Rider on a Brown Horse About to Jump a Rail Fence to the Right
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/16 × 12 3/16 inches (23 × 31 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "10 | 14/2"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRM. 10 - 14."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dog (animal) | fence | galloping | grass | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | hound (dog) | jumping | man | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Rider on a Brown Horse About to Jump a Rail Fence to the Right, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.