Rider Holding on to a Gray Horse After a Fall
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 12 9/16 inches (23.2 × 31.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "10 | 14/3"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRM. 10 - 14."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- falling | fence | field | hat | hedge | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | sporting art | whip
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Rider Holding on to a Gray Horse After a Fall, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.