IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Jumping a Double Oxer - A Rider in Difficulties, undated
Jumping a Double Oxer - A Rider in Difficulties
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 14 5/8 inches (27.3 × 37.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "10 | 16/2"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRM. 10 - 16."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "5"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | fence | galloping | hedge | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | landscape | men | sporting art | tree | whip
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.