Jumping a Low Rail and a Brook
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- 10 11/16 × 14 1/2 inches (27.1 × 36.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "10 | 17/1"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "HRH. 10 - 17."
Watermark: "J. Whatman | Turkey Mill | 1843"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- brook | dogs (animals) | fence | hats | hill | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | landscape | men | sporting art | trees | whip
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Jumping a Low Rail and a Brook, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.