- Steeplechasing: Four Riders Taking a Ditch and an Oxer
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 15/16 × 16 3/16 inches (25.2 × 41.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "10 | 20/2"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRH. 10 - 20."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ditch | falling | fence | fields | galloping | hedge | horse racing | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | jockeys | jumping | landscape | men | race (event) | sporting art | whips (animal equipment)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Steeplechasing: Four Riders Taking a Ditch and an Oxer, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.